“True Commitment is a real, even an active, virtue- not only affirmative but creative. It is the power of getting out of any situation all there is in it.”– G.K Chesterton
What if circumstances threaten to cancel your date night? Maybe the kids are sick, or you can’t find a babysitter. Maybe there isn’t enough money in the bank account for a nice dinner. Or maybe you simply can’t get out of the driveway because the weather is bad. What can you do to redeem the time and make the most of your date night?
First realize poor circumstances don’t cancel date night, they simple invite you to be creative in your commitment to date your spouse. Second, understand that no matter what the situation is at home, you can make the most of it. You can still date your spouse even if you have to stay home.
Date Night Idea #5: Enjoy A Date Night At Home.
Right on your very own couch you can make new discoveries about your spouse. The key to a date night at home will be intentionality. Be intentional about sitting and talking after the kids are down for the night. Or be intentional about brewing some coffee and talking as if you were at Starbucks. Maybe you’d rather cuddle up and watch a movie together. Or maybe make a romantic dinner. Why don’t you get out the candles and everything?
The only warning I would caution you with is, don’t allow being in a familiar place distract you or interfere with your date. Act like you are on a real date. Don’t let the bills on the counter come on your date. And don’t let the computer crash your party. Be intentional about being together. Make the most of the time you have.
Ideas for a date at home:
- Make a candle light dinner for two.
- Brew some coffee and enjoy talking on the couch.
- Cuddle up and watch a movie together. Don’t forget the popcorn.
- Play a game together.
- Ask each other questions and study your spouse.
- Get chinese takeout or order a pizza.
Want More Date Night Ideas?
- Put together a Family Photo Project.
- Go on a Hot Chocolate Date.
- Go on a Reminiscing/Prayer Date.
- Watch your wedding video/ remember your vows.
Now It’s Your Turn:
- What are some of your favorite date night ideas?