Elias almost died again!
He didn’t mean to but when he stepped into the pool–that didn’t have a step–he went straight under water. He chaotically sank. Before I could blink, piranha mouth was emerging from the water with horror on his little face. Elias sloppily floundered through the water until I (with Owen in my arms) had to jump into the kiddy pool and save him. I grabbed his little arm and yanked my little doggy paddler above water as quickly as I could.
Completely soaked and still choking Elias looked at me with a quirky smile and said, “I fell down.” I wanted to burst into tears and laughter all at the same time. “I saw that, son…” was all I said. After that the intensity withered, and we were able to enjoy the sun, splashing, and laying out.
Yesterday was such a fun summer feeling day. It is hot here in Tennessee, so my best friend Lauren and I took our boys to the splash pad. We enjoyed sunny skies, cold water, buckets, playgrounds, and picnic lunches.
*Linking up over here today.
5 Things I Like…
1. I like to take Elias swimming. He is a little water bug. He loves the water so much that last time we were at the pool he belly-flopped into the water. There was no fear until I grabbed him and he came up mouth first gasping for air.
Elias sitting on my towel.
Elias with his best friend Ezra.
2. I love getting to see friends that live far away. We recently got to have lunch with Mark’s good friend Jon and his wife Jenny. They have a six week old baby girl named Lily who is absolutely precious. It was so fun to reconnect with them.
Jon and Mark with their babies.
Jenny and I with the kiddos.
3. I love weddings! We recently went to one of the funnest weddings ever. Our friends Natalie and Marshall had a beautiful outdoor ceremony which truly honored the Lord. They had worship and became an amazing picture of Christ and the church. We are so happy for them.
Saying “I Do”
Husband and Wife!
Natalie and I
4. I read The Giver by Lois Lowry in two days and loved it. It is about an idealistic society that has underlying flaws.
5. I love thinking about baby names! I can’t wait until we pick one. Any suggestions???